S80 Intelligent Sensors – Ion Selective Sensors
S80 Ion Sensors – the ECD Advantage
- Intelligent Sensor: Stores Identity and Calibration Information
- Replaceable Electrode Cartridges: Application Specific Solution
- Replaceable Electrode Cartridges: Low cost of Ownership
- Insertion/Submersion with adjustable gland fittings and Valve Retractable Designs
- Wide Variety of Materials of Construction
Specifications for the S80 Ion Selective Sensors
- Measurement range: Specific to each electrode type
- Temperature range: 0° – 80°C solid state style, 0° – 40°C PVC membrane style
- Wetted Materials: 316L SS, Teflon, VITON, PVC, PEEK or Radel (electrode body)
The S80 Ion Selective Sensors are one part of the Model S80 Intelligent Sensors product line. The S80 Sensors offering includes pH Sensors, ORP Sensors, Ion Selective Sensors, Dissolved Oxygen Sensors, Conductivity Sensors and Resistivity Sensors. The S80 sensors have two Universal Sensor Designs; Insertion/Submersion or Valve Retractable with flared end to prevent blow out. The standard S80 sensors have 316 Stainless Steel housings although various materials of construction are available to maximize sensor performance while minimizing cost of ownership. For other materials of construction request a quotation from the factory.
The S80 Ion Selective Sensors convert the analog signals from the electrode cartridge into a digital protocol that allows two way communications with the transmitter. The identity of sensor, measurement type and serial number, are stored in the sensor’s memory along with three calibration registers. When connected to an ECD digital analyzer the sensor’s information is uploaded to the analyzer. This configures the displays and outputs of the transmitter to the values appropriate to the sensor’s measured parameter.
The S80 Insertion Sensor uses a ¾” MNPT compression fitting as the process connection. This allows a variable insertion length to accommodate installation in pipe tees, flow cells, or through tank walls. If the fitting is reversed the sensor can be installed in a stand pipe for submersion into a tank.
The S80 Valve Retractable Sensor uses a 1” ball valve with a 1” NPT process connection. Loosening the rear compression fitting allows the sensor to slide freely through the ball valve but stop at the compression fitting for either insertion into the process or retraction from the process.
Visit our ECD Store